Common terms that organizations genuinely wish to embrace; but are you committing to these terms effectively? Are you aiming to increase diversity in your organization? Or are you aiming to increase inclusion? …Yes, there is a difference.
5 tips to increasing diversity:
– Management must commit to the process
– Engage in a diversity gap analysis
– Audit recruitment practices
– Engage community stakeholders when job posting
– Measure organizational progress
5 tips to increasing inclusion:
– Management must commit to changing workplace culture
– Measure a candidate’s competency for inclusion and respect during recruitment
– Provide ongoing education and support to the team on inclusive practices and communication on topics such as race, gender, accessibility, to name a few
– Do not silence, dismiss or avoid addressing any concerns raised by team members
– Audit services provided to identify gaps in inclusive practices
Contact REACTCanada for your education and consulting needs!